So this past month I read a total of 9 books 😀 I also participated in Treesofreverie’s June Readathon for the last two weeks of June. I also started two books (Wool by Hugh Howey and Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz) that I have yet to finish. The books I read are:
- Gone – Michael Grant
- Slow Burn: Zero Day – Bobby Adair
- A Discovery of Witches – Deborah Harkness
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie – Alan Bradley
- Wake – Lisa McMann
- Looking for Alaska – John Green
- The Flies of August – P. J. Lee
- Of Poseidon – Anna Banks
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J. K. Rowling
I didn’t read as much for the readathon as I expected to. I think I got burned out towards the end so I didn’t finish anything in the last couple of days.
– I’m pretty on par with most of my reading challenges. For the 50 Book Challenge I’m about 57% through and 4 books ahead. I’m hoping to keep up being ahead of pace and with any luck finish reading more books than my goal of 65.
– I’ve been keeping up with the Genre Reading Challenge. I’m behind by two books; the June SciFi book and January’s Historical Fiction. I’ve started Wool for the June SciFi book and I don’t think I’ll be reading The Constant Princess so I’ll probably find a different hist fic to read later this year.
– As for the TBR Pile Reading Challenge, I’m not doing so well. I had planned to read 41-50 books but so far I’m only at 15. I think my big problem is I want to read a lot of the books I got this year. I’m a big mood reader so I probably should have picked a smaller amount to read. I think I’ll be happy if I can read 25 books I bought in 2013 or earlier.
So this month I have a lot of books that I would like to read. The first two are my carry over books from June – Wool by Hugh Howey and Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz. Next is the July Genre Challenge which is Classics. I chose to read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. I own the penguin clothbound version which has A Christmas Carol and other Christmas Stories but I’m only going to be reading the one story for the challenge. My TBR Jar reads are: The Emperor’s Bones by Adam Williams and Ghostwalker by Ben Cassidy. The rest of the books are ones that I would like to read this month. I really want to read the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo and I’ve got the entire trilogy so I can. So far I’ve read Saga Vol 1 by Brian Vaughan and Seer of Shadows by Ava.
What books do you plan to read this month?