Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list. This week’s list is:
Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List (could be blogging related, book related etc. — meeting authors, reading x many books per year, finishing a daunting book, etc.)
1. Go to an author signing – I got really close this year when Marissa Meyer came nearby for a book signing but unfortunately due to life events and plane tickets I couldn’t make it. 😦
2. Read 100 books in a year – One day I will do this. One day.
3. Read the Lord of the Rings trilogy – I started it during high school and have always wanted to read it myself. My father actually read this series to me as a bed time story when I was little. I remember loving Tom Bombadil and wondering why the meeting (when they are deciding who will take the Ring to Mordor) was taking so long. (It’s because I kept falling asleep after a few paragraphs. I swear we were reading that part forever).
4. Visit the Green Dragon Pub – Another LoTR related item. I really want to visit the set where they filmed the movies and I know they recently made the Green Dragon an actual pub so I want to go there and have a pint.
5. Read a book published by a friend – I have read a book (or beta-read) for a friend before. But this one is geared towards a specific friend. She’s an amazing writer and has a great idea for a book but hasn’t actually sat down to write it. I hope one day she does and that I can hold her book in my hands and read it.
6. Read a novel in a different language – I actually bought a couple books in French for this reason. I also have a few in Japanese and Chinese. Not sure which language to start with though. (Maybe I should try reading Harry Potter >>)
7. Travel to a remote location that was mentioned in a book – I don’t have anywhere specific in mind. But I do like to travel 🙂
8. Visit a location where a favorite book of mine was written – Not like the one above, I’m talking about where the author sat and physically wrote said book. I want to go to there (wherever that may be).
9. Meet J. K. Rowling – I feel this is fairly self-explanatory
10. Own a personal library – I want like a full floor or maybe I’ll just buy two houses next to each other and build a hallway/walkway between the two. One will be my house, the other my library >>